Monday, June 01, 2009

Track days, track days, track days!!!

Gosh there is nothing like finally getting back to the track after any kind of prolonged absence.

This time around I talked a friend of mine, Peter, into joining me at the track and experiencing his first track day. His travel plans were less than ideal since his flight didn't land until about 9:15pm the night before so he didn't get to my house until after 10:30pm. We quickly loaded his bike on my trailer and called it a night.

Maybe it was the anticipation of the day, or maybe it was all the work stuff that I couldn't seem to get out of my head, but for whatever reason I just couldn't get to sleep and saw 1am roll around -- with an alarm set to go off in a little over 4 hrs.

Saturday morning was about as perfect as you could get. We rolled out of the house by about 5:45 and arrived at the track a little over an hour later. Thankfully a couple of guys from the G-Town Squid Squad had gone to the track the day before and setup an area we could share with them. I really can't say enough about that group, extremely helpful and friendly.



We quickly unloaded the bikes and went to work on prepping Peter's bike.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Before you knew it, it was time for the track ride, rider's meeting and first sessions. Peter seemed a little anxious at first, but as the day progressed I could tell he was feeling a little more comfortable.

Pit area:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Doesn't that british blonde bombshell standout in a crowd?
Photobucket

Peter and I:
Photobucket

Helmets:
Photobucket

We both wore out by early afternoon and decided to cool off and call it an early day. I never felt like I ran as well as I did late last fall, but it felt good for my first time back after a few months of a break. I'm hoping that by the next track day on June 27th I'll have a bit more of my mojo back.

Thanks again to the Squid Squad for letting us share a pit area and helping us pack up at the end of the day.

Blair Photography pics:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Peter:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tejas! I haven't checked your blogs, nor have I checked SBN, in ages!! I hope you're doing well...Great pictures!!!