Monday, June 15, 2009

Add an SV650s to the mix..

So no, it wasn't my SV but I did get a chance to ride it for a bit.

Photobucket

This last Saturday Peter and I went out for a morning ride so he could get some saddle time on his latest aquisition, a 2003 SV650s.

We had a slight mix up in communication on where we were meeting but still got on the road by about 8:30. We wandered across Grapevine lake then headed north. Pretty soon we were lost in the burbs somewhere North of Flower Mound. Luckily at one point we crossed an FM road that sounded familiar so we double backed, and caught FM 407 headed west. We got to Justin then headed north on FM 156 then stopped in Ponder, TX for something to drink and to visit for a while.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After our break, we snapped some pictures then headed on up FM 156 until we hit FM 2450 just North of Krum. We took that up to Bolivar where we caught FM 455 West to Forestburg where we caught a group of cruisers and stopped for lunch.

After lunch we headed up to St. Jo. But right as we got out of Forestburg a couple of foxes (no not that kind) ran across the road. Since I was on the FJR with the ABS brakes, I really just grabbed a handful and waited to see what else might happen. Once they had cleared the road, I checked my mirrors and saw Peter had locked up the rear on his SV. After a few moments of watching the back go back and forth, Peter got her straightened up and we continued on to St. Jo where we stopped for another drink and to cool off a bit. Given the heat we decided to call it a day and head back home. So from there we headed straight back to Gainesville where we picked up I-35 and headed South.

It was a hot, hot day, but fun nonetheless. Reminded me how much I like cruising some of those roads up there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking good Tejas! That's a beautiful SV650 :) My favorite color!