Saturday, June 14, 2008

So a few wrong turns...

Although a small tank bag sure seems to fit the Daytona, it really doesn't do the job when you need a decent map of the area. I had several folded print outs that I had prepared the night before thinking they'd fit the bill.

This morning I headed out to Benbrook and met Whysmista from the SBN forums for a quick ride down to Granbury by way of FM 5 and Hwy 51. After spending some time talking at Starbuck's we finally saddled up and headed out. I checked my various little maps and thought I knew how to get us where we were going. Well as the map below of our actual ride shows, I missed a few turns here and there and got turned around at least once. Even with the wrong turns, it was a nice ride and FM 5 seems like a nice warm up for a day that may head south of Granbury.



At the end of the ride we ended up back at the Starbuck's on I-20 and 377 where we talked a little longer and I snapped a few pictures.





No comments: