Friday, May 23, 2008

East Texas Roads


For the last several months I've been working on a project in East Texas. I can't get over how nice it gets out there. Elevation changes, lots of trees, water, all sorts of interesting geography. I keep telling myself that I need to get out there with a bike to ride some of those roads that wind off into the distance off the interstate.

I finally got a chance today to log a few miles on the FJR out there. I wandered out before 8:00 am and took the back roads out towards Tyler, TX. From there I caught FM 110 and headed North. The best part of the ride was from FM 110 and 323 in Tyler to Golden.

The route isn't very technical but the countryside is beautiful and the elevation changes along with the long sweepers are nice.

I'll hopefully do some more exploring in the area and find some other route suggestions, but if you're in the area and want a relaxing ride, I'd definately recommend this one.

No comments: