Monday, March 13, 2006

Red Raider

So... I'm cruising along trying hard to be patient. How hard can it be to wait for April right? I was getting the occcassional fix by taking the little ninja out every now and then but with such nice weather I really kept wishing I had my bike so my wife and I could go riding together. She said she didn't quite feel ready to ride on the streets alone yet, and to be honest, I didn't think she was ready for it either. Then it happened. The deal that was too good to pass up. I saw a listing for a Yamaha YZF600R. The bike was in excellent condition and priced so well that I knew I could ride it for 6 months and then turn around and sell it and recoup most if not all of my money. It seemed like a great interim solution.

Here's a pic of "Pokie" (name the prior owner gave the bike)


Now comes the catch. "Pokie" which I have since started calling "Red Raider" is sooo much fun to ride. It's so capable yet so forgiving. A really nice blend of performance and all day comfort. My plans with the FJR haven't changed, but I'm thinking the Red Raider has likely found a permanent spot in the stable. Time will tell.

No comments: