Friday, December 21, 2007

A bit like a Star Trek movie...


If you're not a trekkie this may leave you pretty flat, but if you're familiar with the original cast through the series or movies then you've likely seen a scene unfold something like this:

The Enterprise has barely surived a battle, the engines are offline, some mega-device is about to detonate and Kirk is asking Scotty to get the engines back online. Somehow someone does something to save the day and engines come online and Sulu engages the warp engines and in a surge of unimaginable power the mighty ship leaps into warp speed.

This evening was sorta like that. I'm a bit ashamed to admit it but I had to trailer Vader (already christened by my girls) home. It was a long day out to Yamaha Sportscenter in Longview but even with heavier holiday traffic pretty much uneventful. Jerry and his staff were really helpful and walked me back to see the bike. It was love at first site. I'll always have a special place in my heart for my '06 but this thing is drop dead sexy. I know, I know... black is a pain to keep clean but who cares, when you're going warp speed, it doesn't matter. Anyway, I finally managed to get the bike home and unloaded it. I had things scheduled that kept me from getting much time to ride but I couldn't just park the dang thing.

So... I took it up the road for about a 15 minute leisurely jaunt then turned to catch Hwy 121 south back to my house. I figured it was time to crank that throttle a little bit harder. Getting on the on-ramp, banging through the gears, feeling that surge of power... it was like Scotty magically getting the engines back online. Time seemed to stand still, but then I realized it was the cager traffic quickly dissappearing behind me. Getting back in the saddle has never felt so good. More posts to follow. How about some pics?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Marcos! Beautiful bike and nice story behind it.

Like I said in the FJR Forum...we will need to get out and do a ride together sometime.

Have a great Christmas and Happy New Year.

Rex

(rangerk9@aol.com)